Thursday, December 8, 2011

Here I am, sitting in my office at 19:30hrs. Never in life had I thought that I would agree to stay in office for 12 straight hours, for three straight days, and that too without any work at hand, with just a file to carry and take down some readings. But that, ofcourse, is life. You always tend to do stuff which you never thought you would. I used to mock at friends who used to do overtime, and they actually did work during those 3-4 hours. The reasons I do do overtime are just three; leaves, to earn some goodwill and to forget about other unimporatnt things. Leaves do count since I exhausted all my allowed leaves during the first 3 months. And I am someone who desperately needs leaves in his account to laze around every few days. Goodwill, yes. My seniors here think that I am just another lazy, non-technical, I dont care, person who, after getting a job, doesn't really care about whats happening around. Though frankly speaking, I dont care much about the job, I do care about my impression on the people around me, and specially someone who might have some impact on my future. And yes, to show them that I can handle bigger responsibilities if given a chance. Indian companies and bosses believe that only a person with vast and diversified experience can handle their duties efficiently. They obviously can, but a fresh graduate can too, if you give him a chance to prove it. Instead of finding shortcomings in everything we do, they can very well try to point out one good thing I achieved in the work alloted. But that, sir, rarely happens. The third point, to forget about unimportant things. When you fool around, and are totally jobless, you tend to think about 'othr things'. These thoughts rarely help. They, mostly, tend to cause more damage. These are three straight days when I havent done anything wrong on that end, since I was too preoccupied to think about those other things'. A workplace always gives you different and more important things to think about. And yes, your bills are reduced drastically. A friend just called me for dinner at Dominos. But since I have to be in office, I can't go out for dinner. Yippee!! I saved 300 bucks..

No comments:

Post a Comment